Quickbooks error 80029c4a is one such error that is frequently reported by users. This error usually occurs when you are trying to open the Quickbooks application. It indicates that “error loading type library/ DLL”. Such errors are common when you try to set up the program or try to use the same with some other application. But most probably, the error occurs because of the DLL files. The error can lead to freezing the system and that can sometimes be frustrating. If you are also facing error 80029c4a Quickbooks, we are here to help you. Here is how you can easily get rid of the Quickbooks error 80029c4a. Stay tuned to the article to know in detail.
Reasons for the Occurrence of Quickbooks Error 80029c4a
As we have mentioned, you can face the Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a because of the DLL files, there are also some other reasons for which you can face the error. They are as follows:
- Some of the files are damaged or corrupted.
- There are chances that the Quickbooks application is corrupted.
- Also, malware attacks or viruses can originate the error.
- The Quickbooks files are deleted by some other software.
- Firewall or antivirus software is restricting the Quickbooks from working.
- DLL files are not present on the system or the Quickbooks is not started properly.
Methods to Fix Quickbooks Error 80029c4a
Now, here are some of the methods that you can opt for to fix the Quickbooks error code 80029c4a. All the methods are mentioned in detail to help you with the process.
Method 1: Update Quickbooks
The very first method that we will suggest you carry out is to update the Quickbooks desktop software on the system. Beware of any update errors while doing so It might be qb error 15227. You must make sure that you update the tool while you are not working because it can take some time to complete. Here are all the steps that you need to follow:
- You will first have to click on the File option and then choose to log off or close the company.
- When done, you need to click on the file option and choose to exit the window. Also, you need to make sure that you are accessing the system as an administrator.
- Now, click on the help option and hover to the update Quickbooks. Sometimes an error occurs that says quickbooks payroll update error the file exists, look out for such errors.
- In the next prompt, you will have to click on the options tab and click on the mark all button.
- Click on the save option to continue with the process.
- After this, click on the update now option and then choose the option for reset update. Next, click on the get update option.
- Wait for the process to complete. On completion, an update successful window will appear on the screen.
- You will then have to press the Esc key to terminate the software.
- Now, start Quickbooks desktop on the system and click on the yes option.
- In the end, restart the device.
Method 2: Install Quickbooks Desktop Again
One method that you can try to resolve the error code 80029c4a QuickBooks 2017, you can try to reinstall the Quickbooks desktop software again. Here is how to carry out the process:
- The very first thing that you have to make sure of is that you are not using the system on the network.
- Next, you will have to start the Quickbooks desktop application and then look for the license information of the software. You can get all the information under the about tab.
- Now, you need to open the control panel on the system and then open the list of programs and features.
- From the list, click on the Quickbooks option and then choose to uninstall the same.
- While uninstalling, you will come across an option to repair. Click on it and then click on Next.
- Wait for the process to complete. If there are any issues while repairing, you will have to completely uninstall the application and download Quickbooks again from the official Intuit website.
Method 3: Clean Install the Quickbooks
Now, if uninstalling and installing the Quickbooks has not helped you in fixing Quickbooks error 80029c4a, you can proceed with the clean install. Also, you can use the Quickbooks clean install tool for the same. Here is how to clean install Quickbooks:
- First, you need to note down all the product information of the Quickbooks you are using.
- When done, you will have to get the installer of the same version of Quickbooks.
- Also, you need to look for information like version or product year. You can also look for the same in the purchase email or packaging of the software.
- Next, you will have to open the control panel on the system and then look for the version of the Quickbooks that you are using.
- Click on the Quickbooks version and choose to uninstall it.
- Wait for it to complete. When it will complete, you need to install the Quickbooks desktop again on the system.
Method 4: Reboot the System
The very simple method that you can use to get rid of the Quickbooks error code: 80029c4a is to restart your system. There are chances that when you put the system to sleep, the error can occur. So, you will have to terminate all the processes and reboot your device.
Method 5: Update the Antivirus
There are chances that the security software installed in your system is leading to the occurrence of an issue. So, you may opt to update the software to fix the error code 80029c4a QuickBooks 2017. Here is how to do it:
- To begin with, you need to make sure that you have updated the security software of your system. In case you haven’t, you need to update it.
- When updated, you will have to make sure that you have added all the program exceptions.
- When done, you need to restart the Quickbooks desktop on the system.
DLL files help to allow different programs to access the same functionality and hence, errors like error code 80029c4a in Quickbooks are very common. The error can be easily resolved if all the methods that we have provided are followed. If you are still not able to get rid of the Quickbooks error code 80029c4a, you may have to consult a technical expert.