Facing issues while Quickbooks is quite common and mostly all the errors can be resolved easily. One common error that a user can face is the printer not activated error code -20. The user usually faces an error when he tries to install a new version of the Windows operating system. When the user encounters the error, he can not send the payslips or invoices that can interrupt the working. The error can be resolved easily. In case you are facing the printer not activated error code 20 quickbooks, here is how can fix the error. We have provided you with different methods that you can opt for to resolve the error on your own. Read the article till the end to know in detail.
Causes of Printer not activated error code -20 Quickbooks
In this section, we have listed some of the possible reasons for encountering printer not activated error code 20 Quickbooks.
- There are chances that different applications are using the same registry key.
- You may have installed more than one version of the Quickbooks software on the system.
- The pdf drivers or the operating system are not compatible with the Quickbooks application.
Steps to resolve printer not activated error code -20 Quickbooks on Windows 7
In case you are facing the printer not activated error code 20 on Windows 7 or above, here is how you can resolve the issue:
First, you need to close the final draft
- If you are using windows 8 or later, you will have to first click on the start option and then right-click on the option for the Final Draft 9/8 tile. Select the option to run as an administrator.
- In case you are using Windows 7/Vista, you will have to click on the start option and then click on the programs option. You will then have to click on the final draft 9/8 option and then choose to run it as an administrator. Also, save the required documents in PDF.
Second, you need to swap the directory.
Before doing that, you need to keep certain things in mind like creating a backup of the registry. Also, you need to prepare a system recovery point.
Third, make a backup registry
You will first have to click on the registry option and then click on the computer option. You will then have to click on the File option and then click on the option to export. Also, click on the option to save the changes.
Fourth, creating a restore point
- To begin with, click on the start option and then look for the option of system restore. You will then have to click on the option to create a system restore.
- Now, click on the system properties option and then enable the option for protection setting.
- In case the function is not enabled, you need to click on the configure option.
- Next, you need to click on the apply option and then on the Ok option.
Ways to resolve Quickbooks error code 20 printer not activated
Now, there are two ways in which you can fix the printer not activated error code 20 in Quickbooks. You can either install the Quickbooks again on your system or you can fix it manually Also, you can perform the clean install Quickbooks. Below we have mentioned both the methods in detail.
Method 1: Install Quickbooks again
The first method that we will suggest you do is to install Quickbooks again on your system. This method will help you to clean the corrupted files and also, install the software again. Here is what you need to do:
- To start with, you need to terminate the Quickbooks window on your system and also, close all the programs running in the background.
- When done, you will have to open the control panel on your system.
- In the control panel, you need to click on the programs and features and option and open the list of all the installed programs.
- You will then have to look for the Quickbooks application and then choose the option to uninstall the application.
- Wait for the process to complete. When the process will complete, you will have to download the Quickbooks tool from the Intuit website.
- Also, you need to install the software on your system.
- When done, you will have to reboot your system and check if the printer is working or not.
Also read: How to fix Quickbooks error 179?
Method 2: resolve the Quickbooks printer not activated error manually
Now, if the above method didn’t work for you, you can try to resolve the error manually. To resolve the error manually, there are two ways. Both the ways are mentioned below.
Method 2.1: Use Registry Editor
- To start with, you will have to open the registry window on the system.
- You will then have to press the Windows key and R key on the keyboard and then in the Run window, you will have to type Regedit.
- Click on the OK button to open the editor. Also, right-click on the window, and from the menu, choose the option to run as an administrator.
- Once done, you will have to look for the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG and then you need to right-click on the folder and select the option for permission.
- When done, you need to make sure that the user is having full access
- In the end, you need to click on the OK option and then terminate the widow. Also, close the registry editor window.
- Check if the error persists.
Method 2.2: Use PowerShell script
- This method is only applicable for Windows 10 users.
- First, you need to click on the start option.
- You will then have to search for cmd and choose to run as an administrator by right-clicking on the cmd option.
- When done, you will have to type power shell in the prompt and hit the enter key.
- Once done, you will have to paste the following code:
- exe -NoProfile -NoLogo -NonInteractive -Command “$key = [Microsoft.Win32.Registry]::CurrentConfig.OpenSubKey(‘Software’,[Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKeyPermissionCheck]::ReadWriteSubTree,[System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryRights]::ChangePermissions); $acl =$key.GetAccessControl(); $rule = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryAccessRule (‘Users’,’FullControl’,’ObjectInherit,ContainerInherit’,’None’,’Allow’); $acl.SetAccessRule($rule); $key.SetAccessControl($acl);”
- Turn off the cmd and see if you still face the error.
Following all the methods, in the same way, will surely help you to fix the printer not activated error in Quickbooks easily. In case you are still facing the Quickbooks printer not activated error code 20 windows 10, you can consult the experts.