What Is QuickBooks File Doctor Tool And How To Install It?
Meanwhile, you can also try communicating with our QB ProAdvisors by dialing the toll-free number at XXXXXXX. Rest, you can refer to the details discussed in the given sections.
QuickBooks File Doctor: A Basic Intro
QB File Doctor is an added utility that can troubleshoot QB file errors using its powerful features. Through this facility, you can easily diagnose and repair issues affecting the system’s performance. Usually, the system encounters file errors due to issues in network connectivity, failed installation, software glitches, etc. Therefore, you can download QuickBooks File Doctor to ensure the following things:
- Data integration
- Streamlining of QB processes
- Unhindered productivity
- Efficient finance managing framework
Undoubtedly, these factors are crucial for managing the financial health of organizations. Hence, you can deploy the File Doctor tool to easily manage all these aspects and script a new growth journey. It is important to note that QB File Doctor supports only Windows OS. So, if you are using Mac iOS, it is not a facility for you.
Errors That You Can Fix Using The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The following table enlists the issues that you can fix using the QB File Doctor tool:
QB Error -6150
QB Error -6000 -82
File Damage Error
QuickBooks Error -6000 -301
QB Firewall Configuration Error
Non-submission of entries in vendor’s lists
QB Update Error
QB Installation Error
6XXX Series QB Error
File Corruption Error
Error Codes 6147 and -6130
QB Database Server Manager Error
QuickBooks Multi-User Error
QuickBooks -6000 -305 Error
Error in Windows Registry
QB File Opening Error
QB Error H505
QuickBooks H-Series Error
QuickBooks File Doctor: Downloadable Versions
Being a QB user, you can download any of the following versions of the QB File Doctor Tool:
- QuickBooks File Doctor Stand-Alone Version
- QB File Doctor’s Built-In Version
Installation Manual Of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Things To Remember
Before moving to the installation procedure, you must know the following things first:
- Keep your account credentials handy.
- Ensure seamlessness in the network connectivity.
- Keep the file size below the 1.5 GB mark.
- Update the QB Desktop to the latest version.
- The system OS must belong to Microsoft Windows.
- The device must not have multiple versions of the QB framework.
By ensuring these facts, you can proceed to the next step, i.e., the installation manual.
How To Install QuickBooks File Doctor?
Installing the QB File Doctor asks you to proceed with the following steps:
- To start with, open Intuit’s official website and download the QB Tool Hub.
- Next, press the Ctrl+J keys to open the download folder.
- Afterward, double-click on the file’s extension to prepare it for installation.
- Now, read the licensing terms and agree to the same by clicking on the “Yes” key.
- At this point, click on the “Install” option and move furthe
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Later, hit the “Finish” key to finish the installation process.
- Followed by this, open the QB Tool Hub and move to its “Company File Issues” tab.
- Finally, click on the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” option to use the tool.
How To Use The File Doctor Tool In QuickBooks? (Normal Procedure)
You can use QB’s File Doctor tool by proceeding with these simple steps:
- First, close the QB Desktop and start the Tool Hub software.
- Next, move to the “Company File Issues” section and select “Quick Fix My Problem.”
- Now, press “Enter” to conclude the process.
- Lastly, try opening the QB file to test the operational feasibility.
Alternatively, you can follow these steps to fix the file error in QuickBooks.
- First, open the “Company File Issues” tab present in the QB Tool Hub.
- Next, select the “QuickBooks File Doctor” tool and wait.
- Then, choose the requisite file from the drop-down menu.
- Consecutively, hit the “Continue” option to proceed further.
- Finally, submit the account credentials and press “Enter.”
How To Run The QuickBooks File Doctor Stand-Alone Version?
You can run the File Doctor’s Stand-Alone version in the following listed steps:
- To start with, move to Intuit’s official website and install the QB Tool Hub.
- Next, wait for the installation and then open it to explore the menu section.
- Then, move to the browse option and locate the damaged company file.
- After that, let the tool detect and fix QB errors.
- At this point, choose the error categories- either 6XXX series or network errors.
- Now, submit the account credentials and hit enter.
- Here, select between the “workstation” and “server option” modes.
- Subsequently, follow the on-screen prompts for further processing.
- From here, the File Doctor tool will automatically start working to diagnose and repair the damaged company files.
- Finally, after waiting for the tool’s processing, shut it and open the requisite company file.
How To Use The Built-In Version Of QuickBooks File Doctor?
Before moving to the procedural details, you must know the following things:
- It is compatible with working on Windows 10, 8, 7, and MS servers 2003- 12.
- Suitable for fixing network and company file errors.
- Compatible with QB’s US, UK, and Canadian versions.
- It can fix both corrupted and damaged QB files.
- You can work on it without installing anything extra.
After considering these facts, you can proceed to use the tool in these simple steps:
- First, launch QB and avoid working on corrupted company files.
- Afterward, go to the “File” menu and click on the “Utilities” option.
- Next, click on the “Repair File and Network Problems” option to run the QB File Doctor tool.
- After that, select the category you want to fix from the “Show Advanced Settings” window.
- Moving further, submit the account credentials and hit next.
- Finally, close the tool and try launching the company file.
Possible Outcomes Of Using The QBFD
Listed below are the possible outcomes of using QB’s File Doctor tool:
Errors Not Detected
The most possible outcome of using the QBFD is the non-detection of issues by the QB tool. This situation indicates that the system is experiencing anomalies that are non-traceable by the tool. Hence, you can try setting up the QB’s “Auto Data Recovery” mode. Otherwise, you also can try logging in to company files and get a resolution to your queries.
Tool Diagnoses And Fixes The Error
Another possible outcome of using the File Doctor tool is the detection and troubleshooting of file errors. This step is a fruitful outcome to your QB-associated trouble, as your concerns get proper redressal here. With this result on your end, you can advance further with the file processing, i.e. open a new company file.
Errors Detected, But Tool Cannot Troubleshoot The Glitch
The worst thing you can expect with the tool involves its inability to address the glitch. This outcome may also insist you move with the “Auto Data Recovery” framework.
Wrapping It Up
After covering the aforementioned details on the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, it is time to wrap up the context. At this point, we assume that you might have understood very well about the tool’s functioning very well. So, the next time, you find trouble using the QB accounting tool, kindly refer to this guide. Moreover, you can dial the helpline number XXXXXXXX to connect with QB ProAdvisors regarding your QB-specific queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
File Doctor is a dedicated facility for troubleshooting file-related issues. Through this tool, one can fix issues affecting the performance of company files. Moreover, it is popular because of its simplistic and reliable QB operational framework.
You can access the QB File Doctor tool in the following steps:
- To start with, open the “File” menu from the QB section.
- Next, select the “Utilities” tab.
- After that, click on the “Repair File and Network Problems” option.
- Finally, launch the QB File Doctor tool to serve your purpose.
Listed below are the steps to run the QB File Doctor tool:
- First, click on the “Start” menu and search and open the tool’s section.
- Next, select the requisite company file.
- Moving ahead, go with the on-screen instructions to diagnose and troubleshoot the issues.
- After that, wait for a while and press enter to conclude the process.
- In the last leg, re-open the file to work on it.
Listed below are the steps to use the QB File Doctor tool for file sharing:
- In the first step, open the File Doctor tool.
- Next, select the “Network Connection Only” option.
- Subsequently, go with the on-screen wizards to fix the glitch and share the file with other users.
You can download the File Doctor tool by proceeding with these simple steps:
- To start with, open Intuit’s official website.
- Next, search for the tool’s download link and click it.
- Followed by this, select a handy location to save it.
- Finally, go with the on-screen instructions to install the tool.