The QuickBooks license error or the QuickBooks license error after clone is a rare Qbs error. Moreover, it needs expert guidance to kick it out of the system. We know that the software Quickbooks Desktop has a license number and a unique product code to activate during the installation process. The data file containing the license number & the product code is encrypted. This error can occur in case this data encrypted file is lost or missing.
But if you get such a type of license error then do not sweat it out, we will become your expert guide. We have researched & got together all the best and quick solutions to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 3371. All you need is to understand our content & go through the guidelines carefully. Hopefully, as we plan to move forward, it is a matter of minutes you will be a pro at resolving QuickBooks errors.
Quickbooks License Error After Clone: Reasons For Prevalence
- Corrupted or damaged dat file or MSXML file. Dat is the file that includes the license info. The MSXML file is a Microsoft component important for the operations of the software Quickbooks.
- Using out-of-date or pirated Windows.
- Third-party apps restrict the working in the Quickbooks software.
- Not saving the .QBO file before importing.
Now, as we got through the causes why error 3371 status code 11118 Quickbooks could not load the license data. We will quickly hop onto the solutions to terminate this problem.
Most people also encounter another error related to Quickbooks License i.e Quickbooks error 3371, that occurs when quickbooks could not load lisence data
Quickbooks License Error After Clone: Top Ways To Fix
The top 5 solutions to diagnose the license error after clone are below:
Solution 1: Quickbooks File Doctor (QBFD) Use Through The Quickbooks Tool Hub
Quickbooks Tool hub is a powerful tool that has all the modifications to diagnose almost any Quickbooks-related problem & error.
- In case your system does not have the Quickbooks Tool Hub program, then download the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file first from Intuit’s website.
- Double-click on the exe file and an installation wizard will come up.
- Go through the screen guidelines and accept all the terms & conditions.
- Moreover, open this installed tool.
- From the home dashboard, you have to access the tab Programs.
- Further, tap the green-colored button named Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- The doctor file tool scan will begin & it will self-detect all the problems & repair them at the earliest.
Solution 2: Quickbooks Desktop Update
- Firstly, access the Quickbooks Desktop software and tap on the menu Help.
- Moving further, use the option Update Quickbooks.
- The latest compatible versions will pop up on the screen. You just have to click on the latest released version compatible with all the advanced fixes.
- After completing the update, then you need to reboot your system.
Solution 3: Updating Windows
Updating Windows timely is crucial for the proper working of the software Quickbooks. After every Windows upgrade, new features & bug fixes are added to your Windows OS. They also have the important components & frameworks that are essential for the error-free functioning of Quickbooks.
So, to update your Windows OS to the latest compatible version, go to the Windows All programs and then hit Windows update. Further, click on Check for Updates. The screen will have a list of all the latest available updates. You now need to click on the latest compatible version to update your Windows OS.
Now, you will see that status code -1 QuickBooks could not load the license data problem has been fixed or not.
Solution 4: Clean Install Quickbooks
A clean install is one of the best ways to eliminate all the corrupted, broken & damaged QBs-related files. So, it is advisable to use the Quickbooks tool hub for a clean install.
- Firstly, access the Quickbooks Hub Tool.
- Now, click on the tab Installation Issues within the left pane.
- Moving further, tap on the button named Clean Install Tool.
- The clean install process starts & cleans out your system of all the damaged data files & errors.
You might also like to read about: Payroll Update Error 15106
Solution 5: Task manager
- The initial step is to close down Quickbooks Desktop.
- Secondly, hold the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to access the task manager.
- Further, you will get a list of processes. You now have to select all the processes having the .exe extension.
- With a right mouse click, click on the tab named End Task.
- Go for the entitlement data folder.
- Next, tap on Run.
- Reach out to the folder destinationC:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) & tap Enter.
- Do a right mouse click on the file ecml, hit Delete.
- After removing the ecml file, open the QBs company file and register for the Quickbooks Desktop software again.
This post is an informative asset for all the users looking to work out with QuickBooks License Error After Clone. From its basics to the detailed solutions, you will easily be able to kick out this error from your system. Our content is a mix of around 30 sources worldwide. We hope you admire our hard work and are no longer stuck in your ongoing error problems.
Goodbye for now My Friend! For any further help, get to us anytime anywhere.