QuickBooks has been revolutionizing the accounting world since its emergence in the market. It succeeded in doing so because of its constituted algorithmic features. These allow you to manage accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, sales, and inventory records. Well, we refer to the QuickBooks server manager for queries regarding the features of QB.
We consider this because modern frameworks rely on cloud-based setups. And the management of these requires a detailed understanding of data processing channels. Thus, we are presenting you with this guide to describe such functionalities.
“QuickBooks Database Server Manager”: An About Section
The database server manager allows you to configure the host server for multi-purpose use. For this, the server creates “.ND” files as company files in the host setup. This simplifies the creation of network files for the company files available on the host systems. For instance, if you wish to use multiple versions of QB, you can do so through this tool. For this, the tool’s subsequent versions allow the addition of new users. Meanwhile, you can also perform the following tasks with the application:
- Scan QB company files which are essential for multi-user access
- Check the availability of local storage devices for the automated detection of company files
Things To Consider
Here are some points you need to consider about the data server manager setting.
- The server manager creates network data files and stores the company file in the host system. This indicates you need to install multiple versions for the multi-user window.
- Through the database server manager, you can access different versions of processes. It is because the facility comes with a server manager. Hence, you cannot access multiple versions of the software.
- When you wish to go to the multi-user mode, kindly prefer to use versions chronically.
- Make sure that the windows services remain visible in the QB DBXX. It is because the year’s database runs parallel in the background. This prevents you from mismanagement in the entry of the data.
- The consecutive versions can help you to add new users to the installed QB database manager.
Steps To Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager
You can refer to these points to download the QuickBooks database server manager on your system:
- First, go to the “installer” menu and subsequently start the process along with the Wizard section
- Afterwards, press enter to proceed with the “Next” key
- Now, shut all programs running in the background
- At this point, read the terms and conditions of the license agreement
- Subsequently, click on the checkbox to give your ascent to the licensing terms
- After this, click on the “custom or network options”
- Now, click on the installation type of the software, i.e. installation for your system or single-use purpose
- Later on, click on the “Yes” option to grant access to the option
- Followed by this, submit your license and product number
- Consecutively, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process
- Lastly, make sure to follow the relevant steps to set up the QB Database server manager on your system
Procedure Of Upgrading QuickBooks Server Manager
The secret to the smooth running of the software lies in the regular upgradation of software. Hence, you can make your software a highly functional one. For this, you only need to follow the steps discussed as follows:
- First of all, you should download the patch on your device
- Afterwards, follow the on-screen instructions and install the application
- Followed by the installation, reboot the computer to save the modifications
(Through this step, the company file will adapt to the changes that came with the latest version)
- Now, the system updates can modify the database structure
- Moreover, you will receive a message for creating the backup of the available files
- Here, users need to open the files and follow the prompts
This is the complete procedure for upgrading the server manager on your device.
Steps For Setting Up The QB Database Server Manager
The database server manager can help you in the following ways:
- Scanning: Through this tool, you can scan folders and company files of your system.
- Configuration: The tool can also help you to configure new company files on your system.
You can utilize these in these steps:
Step 1: Run QB Database Server Manager
- First, click on the “Start” button and go to the programs tab
- Now, click on the QuickBooks section
- Furthermore, select the “database server manager QuickBooks”
Step 2: Scan The Folder Features
Scanning company files ensures multi-user functionality in users’ devices. Therefore, you need to follow the given process:
- First, follow the steps mentioned above
- Then, click on the “Scan Folders” option
- Now, look for the folders containing company files on your device
- Here, you have to go with the scanning procedure
In this way, you can scan the configured files on your system.
Step 3: Addition Of New Folders
You can add new folders in the following steps:
- First, click on the “Add folders” option
- Afterwards, choose the desired folder and name it accordingly
- Finally, your folder will appear on your system
Step 4: Folder Removal
You can remove any folder in these steps:
- First, click on the folder containing QB company files
- Now, the folder menu will appear on your screen
- Here, tap on the “Remove Folder” option to erase the specific folder
Step 5: Scanning
You can scan folders in the following steps:
- First, click on the “Scan the folders” tab
- Afterwards, the setup will scan the system
- Finally, the list of company files will appear on your screen
Step 6: Drive Features Monitoring
This allows you to update QB DBSM regularly.
Features Of QB DBSM
QuickBooks Database Server manager comes with the following features:
You can identify this by opening the database server manager running on your device. Moreover, you can take reference from these parameters:
- List of users working in the attached company files to the server
- Status of QB database servers that are hosting different services as per users’ requirement
- Use of services administrative tool for the modification or configuration of QB services
You can use the update features option for QuickBooks database server manager download. Besides, you can follow these suggestions:
- First, open the QB Database manager from the start menu
- Followed by this, click on the “Updates” option
- Finally, follow the suggestions to update the settings
The server manager can also help you in locating the installed database information. For this, you can follow these steps:
- Similar to the above-mentioned steps; first, open the database server manager
- Followed by this, click on the “system” option
- In the last step, check the system information for the host database server
Wrapping It Up
We hope the guide may have answered your queries regarding the QuickBooks server manager. It is because the guide covered the installation, upgradation, and setting up of the server manager. Yet, if you have doubts regarding the setup, you can communicate with our QB Pro Advisors. For this, you only need to dial the toll-free number 1-844-734-9204. We are a dedicated QB support provider who can assist you in a 24/7 support window.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Storage Location Of QB Database Server Manager?
You can locate the QB database server manager in the following steps:
- First, navigate to the host or server system
- Afterwards, tap on the windows section
- Now, enter “database” in the search menu
- Moreover, click on the enter tab to open and run QBDMS
- Lastly, click on properties and simultaneously the location of QBDMS
Is There A Need To Update QB Database Server Manager?
Yes, you need to update the database server manager regularly. Failing to do so can deteriorate your software’s performance to a great degree.
What Is The Process For Removing Outdated Server Managers From QuickBooks?
- In the first step, press the Windows + R key simultaneously
- Afterwards, run the dialogue box appearing on your screen
- Followed by this, write “APPWiz. CPL” in the command section
- Now, navigate to the programs and features menu
- In that section, select the server manager option
- Consecutively, click on the drop-down menu and select the uninstall tab
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to end the uninstall process
Where To Seek Support For QB-Related Issues?
You can dial the toll-free number 1-844-734-9204 to seek support for QB-related queries.
Is It Good To Troubleshoot QB Errors Individually?
No, it is not safe to troubleshoot QB errors independently.