Recovering or resetting of account password is one of the trickiest tasks in QuickBooks. It is because the mechanism to reset QuickBooks password involves sophisticated steps. And Intuit learnt about this issue, and therefore, it introduced new frameworks. Thus, we are presenting you with this guide to make you aware of the password recovery process.
As a general prospectus to this guide, you will learn about QB password recovery mechanisms. Moreover, you will get a surprise note at the end of this guide. So, read through the guide to enhance your understanding of the tool’s mechanism.
Significance Of Password Resetting In The Present Times
In the present-day scenario, keeping a note of things seems a little tricky task. We say this because users have to memorize a variety of account credentials. So, forgetting one or two is natural for anyone. Thus, users like you prefer to reset the password rather than retrieve it.
Meanwhile, keeping the same password for a long is also a non-efficient practice for anyone. It is because AI and related technologies throw serious threats to account credentials. Hence, you can save yourself from these challenges by periodically modifying your account credentials. Nevertheless, resetting your account password is critical you need to be cautious. For this, you should consider certain things while resetting the account credentials.
Things For Consideration
Before changing your account credentials, you should consider the following points:
- Password must not contain any “space” characters
- It must be of a minimum of seven characters, including letters, special characters, and numbers
- The keyboard must be in an adequate working condition
- Password settings are case-sensitive, so use upper and lower characters wisely
- Keep your QB license number handy for your requirements
- The login credentials must align with the admin account
After considering these facts, you can proceed to change your account credentials.
How To Reset A QuickBooks Password Manually?
As discussed above, password recovery is a hectic process. Thus, you can proceed with any of these methods:
- Manual recovery of account password
- Tool-based password recovery
Process 1: Manual Mode Of Password Recovery
The process of manual password resetting is a two-step process. In the first step, you opt for a particular password type.
Followed by this, you can proceed to the next step, i.e. resetting account credentials.
Steps To Recover QB Password (For Admins)
- First, go to the QB Desktop “Login Window”
- There, click on the “I forgot my password” option
- Afterwards, opt for an email from the drop-down list and hit the “enter” key
- Now, you will receive a token for resetting the QB password for the admin account
- Later on, submit the token details you received in your mail
- Lastly, follow the on-screen prompts to move ahead with the procedure
Steps To Recover QB Password (For Users Account)
- First, open the QB Desktop and log in with the administrator account
- Afterwards, move to the company tab
- There, select the “Setup Users and Passwords” option
- Moreover, click on the “Set up Users” option
- Now, submit the admin account password
- And in the user’s list, select the user whose credentials you are looking to modify
- Then, select the “edit user” option
- Subsequently, follow the on-screen prompts to continue with the process
- Lastly, click on the “finish” key to conclude the password recovery process
You can opt for the tool-based error-recovery mechanism if none of these methods works.
Steps To Use The Password Recovery Tool
You can use the password recovery tool in these simple steps:
- First, go to Intuit’s official site to download the QB password reset tool
- Afterwards, open the system’s download section
- There, locate the “QuickBooks Auto Data Recover” utility and subsequently open it
- Now, click on the “Browse” option and opt for a system file
- Later on, hit the “Next” option and sign in through the QB registered mail
- At this point, you will receive a security code in the password reset window
- Furthermore, generate a new password and simultaneously hit the “next” key
- Now, wait for a while and then open the company file
- Subsequently, submit the newly generated password
- Lastly, hit the “enter” key to save changes and access the company file
How To Recover Password Through QuickBooks Password Recovery Tool?
You can use the password recovery tool in the following steps:
- First, run the QB Desktop to open a company file
- Now, a wizard will appear on your screen asking for the account credentials
- There, click on the “I forget my password” option
- Now, submit the answers to security questions
- Subsequently, hit the “Ok” key
- Later on, a password-removed window will appear on your screen
- There, click on the “close” option
- At this point, the software will ask you to generate a new password and security questions
- Afterwards, fill out the information and hit the “enter” key to save changes
- Lastly, open the company file by using the new password
Wrapping It Up
The given guide covered the process to reset QuickBooks password in easy steps. However, if these steps fail to address the concern, you can look for our Pro Advisory services. We are a leading QB Pro Advisory firm that can help you with all QB-related problems. For this, you can dial our toll-free number 1-844-734-9204. to speak with our consultants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Company Files Are Not Accessible Even After Resetting The Password?
You may be experiencing this issue due to the expiration of your current QB version. Hence, you should update to the latest version to fix the concern.
Why Is QuickBooks Asking For A Password Again?
QuickBooks may be asking you for the password due to the recent log-off from your account. It usually occurs because the software clears the screen to save changes in the computer.
Does QuickBooks Store The Password?
No, QuickBooks does not store your account information on its servers.
How To Reset QuickBooks Password?
You can reset your QuickBooks password through the password reset tab of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
I Forgot My QuickBooks Password What Should I Do Now?
If you have forgotten your account password, you should download the password reset tool of QuickBooks. This tool can help you to reset your account password in a few steps.